In these circumstances, it seems appropriate to bring together a series of analyses which seek to explore these themes in a systematic and extended manner.
The contributions which follow exemplify the range of high quality industrial relations analysis which is being undertaken in British universities at the present time. Each of the contributors has written on a topic on which they have both an expertise and an argument to present; in this sense there is no single ideological or analytical stance that has bound the contributors. What does come through from the range of material presented here is the strength of the analysis being offered and a proper scepticism in dealing with the popular myths of contemporary industrial relations.
- Cyberwar, Cyberterror, Cybercrime and Cyberactivism.
- Contemporary Industrial Relations: A Critical Analysis!
- Chapter 21 - Labour Resources and Human Resources Management!
- Society, Schools and Progress in Nigeria.
- Contemporary British Industrial Relations.
- Nothing to See Here?
The book opens with a discussion by the Editor on the theme of the 'New Industrial Relations', in which the difficulties of establishing what is happening. An unknown error has occurred.
Outdated Browser Warning
Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while. No cover image. Read preview.
- Stochastic Modelling in Physical Oceanography (Progress in Probability).
- Bibliographic Information.
- From Fiber to Fabric: The Essential Guide to Quiltmaking Textiles.
- The Midrash on Psalms: Vol 1.
- Discovery module overview!
- LUBS Contemporary Industrial Relations.
- The Semantics Pragmatics Interface from Different Points of View (Current Research in the Semantics Pragmatics Interface) (Current Research in the Semantics Pragmatics Interface).
Synopsis Industrial relations have undergone significant and extensive change over the last fifteen years. The combined impact of government legislation, international competition, and organizational restructuring has affected union organization and membership; the scope and content of collective bargaining; and the organization, objectives and nature of work. The extent of these changes raises important questions about industrial relations and human resource management in contemporary Britain and demands fresh analysis.
In Contemporary Industrial Relations leading authorities address these issues with a detailed and comprehensive analysis of current trends.
Outdated Browser Warning
The book will be vital reading for students, researchers and HR professionals wanting to get to grips with current changes in the workplace. Well established textbook by two leading authors in this area Fully updated to include the recent change of government in the UK and the implications of this Includes the findings from interviews with leading practitioners from both the trade union and the employers sides. He lectured at City University from to , prior to which he was Head of Research at the National Union of Mineworkers for eight years.
- Techniques of Neurolysis?
- Serial Information.
- The changing face of employment relations over the last 50 years | Emerald Insight.
- Assessment and teaching.
Show Less. Email Address.
Please enter the letters displayed.